Keeping you up to date on NCAA Recruiting for Division 1 sports. As of November 18, 2020, the NCAA has suspended all in-person recruiting through April 15, 2021. Coaches are not allowed to meet with recruits face-to-face, off campus or do any in-person scouting.
The NCAA has also encouraged all colleges to stop all visits, official and unofficial. The good news, recruiting will not stop completely, coaches and recruits can still communicate over email, phone, text, and social media.
New NCAA rules:
- All D1 in-person recruiting is suspended through April 15, 2021
- D1 coaches can virtually observe voluntary workouts if requested by the recruit
- D2 coaches have resumed their normal recruiting calendars and activity
- Colleges are advised to suspend official visits and unofficial visits to campus
- All recruits should check with any coaches they have scheduled visits with
- Coaches and recruits can still communicatevia phone and written correspondence. Email, text, and social media direct messaging
- The NCAA will be consulting with experts to determine if the date needs to be extended beyond April 15, 2021
Division-1 is currently the only division level that does not allow in-person recruiting.
Division D2 and D3, NAIA and NJCAA level coaches can participate in all regular recruiting activities, including attending camps, tournaments and recruiting events.
It is recommended to check directly with D-2, D-3, NAIA, and NJCAA Programs to ensure face-to-face meetings or in-person evaluations are still in effect for their program.
The new rules do not prevent phone and written communication, coaches can still conduct much of their recruiting (over the phone D-1 September 1 of junior year or June 15th for Division 2). Your on-line communication is very important.
So, it is especially important to communicate through programs like FastpitchScout.com, which allows you to reach out to coaches across the nation. Creating a communication channel to share your story that will position you to be recruited. Do not wait or sit back during this time. You will be left behind in the recruiting process. Get your name out to coaches so they know who you are.